Canada Day 2017
Timmins Celebrates Canada Day 150
Schedule of Events for
ALL ACTIVITIES AT THE GILLIES LAKE SITE ARE FREE
• 11:00 a.m. Canada Day Walk with “Mr. Canada” Karl Habla.
Depart City Hall to Schumacher Flag Park.
• 11:00 a.m. Event Open at Gillies Lake
• 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m Marketplace and Exhibitors
• 12:00 p.m. Opening Ceremonies – MC Mike Doody
• Parade in of the dignitaries – Royal Canadian Legion Br.
88 & Legion Br. 287 Colour Party, Timmins Police Pipes and Drums
• Opening Remarks – MC Mike Doody
• Message from local Dignitaries – Mayor Black, First Nation Chiefs, MPP Gilles Bisson, MP Charlie Angus
• Singing of Oh Canada – Joanne Marie
• Presentation – Young Eagle Drummers, Young Eagle Dancers – Aboriginal Drum, Dance & Smudge
• Official cake cutting and distribution of red and white cupcakes
• Children’s FREE Activities (12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.)
• Aboriginal Interactive Village
• Helicopter Rides (there is a fee to ride) located at Ross Avenue & 655 East Parking Lot on the Helipad
• Sesqui Canada 150 Meridian Virtual Reality Experience
• Hydro One Discovery Centre
• Complimentary rounds of “Putt-Around-Town” (a portable 9-hole mini putt course)
• Marketplace & Exhibitors
Live Entertainment At The Gillies Lake
12-1 Aboriginal Drumming & Signatories
1:15-2 Jacelyn Holmes
2:15-3 Sound and Soul Studio
3:15-4 Kickback TracII
10:30 p.m. Fireworks Extravaganza
Launched from the Goldcorp Berm by the Hollinger Park / Fred Salvador Field
Presented by Team Canada and produced by David Whysall Fireworks
Free Shuttle Service Provided!
First Student Charters is sponsoring a free shuttle service Saturday July 1st with continuous service to and from Hollinger Park. See www.starsandthunder.com for pick up and drop off locations.