Top Ten Things To Do June 12 to 18th..and more!
- June 12th, Dine Alone Records, Noisey and the Working Class present The Flatliners, The Dirty Nill, Sam Coffey & The Iron Lungs. Tickets are $30 in advance or $35 at the door. Event is located at the Working class 180 Second Avenue.
- June 13th, Timmins Board Game Group hosts a Games Night every Tuesday at Christopher’s Coffeehouse. We provide a selection of games, and can teach you how to play them. You are welcome to come solo and join our group or come with friends. You can also bring your own favorite game and teach us.
- June 13th, Effective Communications! Ever wonder why you can talk to some people with no problem and others just never seem to understand what you say? Join Lisa Wilson for some insights about how to effectively communicate to your entire team/family boss etc. From 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm she will go through different styles of communication and how to modify your style to meet anyone you need to communicate with. The cost for this workshop is $25.00, located in the MacMillan Boardroom on 330 Second Avenue (CMHA Building).
- June 14th, June is Seniors’ Month in Ontario. The Timmins Public Library hosting a watercolour postcard painting session on Wednesday June 14th, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. The cost is $10.00 and you get to keep the supplies afterward! Space is limited. Please register by paying in advance – phone 705-360-2623 ext. 8519.
- June 15th, Thursday Matinée Movie & Popcorn! On Thursday, June 15th the Timmins Public Library will be screening a movie: Hello, my name is Doris at 1:00 p.m. Synopsis: With help from her best friend’s (Tyne Daly) granddaughter (Isabella Acres), a smitten woman (Sally Field) concocts schemes to get the attention of a younger co-worker (Max Greenfield) in her office. For more information on this free viewing, contact 705-360-2623, ext. 8519.
- June 16th, come out to Summer Kickoff 2017 at the Croation Hall at 24 Father Costello Drive in Shumacher. This event features DJ’s, full bar service and free merchandise. Event takes place from 8:00 pm to 2:00 am with featured headliner STATIC SOUND. For more information or to contact organizers of the event visit https://www.facebook.com/dreambigpromoting/
- June 16th, Come out to a Live Comedy Show TV Taping Relatively Funny with Rick Lemieux. Showtime is at 8:00 pm and will take place at 341 Theriault Blvd Ecole Secondaire Catholique Thériault. Tickets are $20 in advance or $25 at the door. To purchase advance tickets visit Altered Reality (260 Third Avenue) or The Timmins Square Customer Service Booth.
- June 17th and 18th – Get ready Timmins! Here comes our very own Mud Drags! We haven’t had any since the 90s, so it’s time to bring it back!Truck and ATV Mud Drags. Spectator gates open at 9:00am, races begin at 10:00am. Tickets will be on sale at the gate. Day Pass: Adult 15$ Kids 6-10 years old Weekend Pass: Adults $25, Kids 6-10 years old $15, Kids 5 and under free *This is a pet free event* Contact email@example.com for more details
- GET YOUR TICKETS FOR ROCK ON THE RIVER! – www.timminsfestivals.com
- Register to paddle at www.thegreatcanadiankayakchallenge.com
Save the Date!
June 19th, Get ready for your summer vacation photos with a FREE Camera Basics Workshop on Monday June 19, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. at the Timmins Public Library.This workshop will be looking at various settings on digital cameras and some of the features of the photo apps on iOS and Android systems. Phone 705-360-2623 ext. 8519 to register.
June 22nd, Thursday June 22nd at the Timmins Public Library, there will be screening of a National Film Board documentary. Hard Light, June 22 at 1:00p.m. Phone 705-360-2623 ext. 8519 for more information.
June 24th, The Timmins Public Library will be hosting Adult book Club. “Watermelon” at 11:00 am Synopsis: At twenty-nine, fun-loving, good-natured Claire has everything she ever wanted: a husband she adores, a great apartment, a good job. Then, on the day she gives birth to her first baby, James visits her in the recovery room to inform her that he’s leaving her. Claire is left with a beautiful newborn daughter, a broken heart, and a body that she can hardly bear to look at in the mirror. So, in the absence of any better offers, Claire decides to go home to her family in Dublin. To her gorgeous man-eating sister Helen, her soap-watching mother, her bewildered father. And there, sheltered by the love of an (albeit quirky) family, she gets better. A lot better. In fact, so much better that when James slithers back into her life, he’s in for a bit of a surprise. Copies of the book are available to borrow at Circulation Desk! Please call to register 705-360-2623, ext. 8519.
June 24th to July 1st , The City of Timmins is excited to announce the lineup for what promises to be one of the biggest festivals across the country in celebration of Ontario and Canada’s 150th birthday. Stars and Thunder – Timmins International Fireworks Competition and Music Festival will see a spectacular lineup leading up to the performance of international country music icon Keith Urban. The eight-day festival will feature a lineup of Canadian music stars from a variety of music genres, whose performances will be followed by international fireworks displays by teams representing France, Italy, Finland, Ukraine, China, Brazil, United Kingdom in addition to the host team from Canada. In addition to online purchasing, ticket sales are available from December 4th to the start of the Festival week at the Timmins Museum during regular business hours. There will be a limited number of individual day passes, all-week passes, and VIP all-week passes. An eight-day all week general admission pass will be sold for $240 (includes taxes and sales fees). A VIP pass for eight-day can be purchased for $400 (includes taxes and sales fees). During the day, there will be free activities at multiple festival locations for the entire family to enjoy, celebrating the culture and history of the region. For ticket information and festival details, you can visit the festival website: www.starsandthunder.com or follow the Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/TimminsFireworks/
|FOR MORE COMMUNITY EVENTS VISIT|
June 24th to July 1st. The Silverleaf Writer’s Guild is excited to announce that the Northern Ontario Book Fair will take place this summer at Gillies Lake in Timmins, ON. The event, which coincides with the Stars & Thunder festival, will feature book-length works from Northern Ontario writers. Attendees will be able to purchase products, speak directly with regional authors, and learn about the Silverleaf Writers Guild’s services.
- number of individual day passes, all-week passes, and VIP all-week passes. An eight-day all week general admission pass will be sold for $240 (includes taxes and sales fees). A VIP pass for eight-day can be purchased for $400 (includes taxes and sales fees). During the day, there will be free activities at multiple festival locations for the entire family to enjoy, celebrating the culture and history of the region. For ticket information and festival details, you can visit the festival website: www.starsandthunder.com or follow the Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/TimminsFireworks/
|FOR MORE COMMUNITY EVENTS VISIT|