Top Ten Things To Do In Timmins May 15 to 21 2017
- May 15th, come out to the Porcupine Toastmasters. Toastmasters is a mutually supportive and positive learning environment in which every individual member has the opportunity to develop oral communication and leadership skills. Come as a Guest for your first couple times and see what we are about. Event runs from 7:00pm-8:00pm and is located at 896 Riverside Drive (building C driveway after eclipse financial).
- May 16th, Support the Turkey Turcotte Troop Bake Sale. Event takes place at the Victim Services Office (Located in the Timmins Police Station) from 10am – 2pm. Money raised will fund much needed research projects to one day find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis.
- May 16th, Timmins Board Game Group hosts a Games Night every Tuesday at Christopher’s Coffeehouse. We provide a selection of games, and can teach you how to play them. You are welcome to come solo and join our group or come with friends. You can also bring your own favorite game and teach us.
- May 17th, come out to a writers guild gathering! The Silverleaf Writers Guild is a local group of writers at various levels of experience. We meet weekly to support one another, share ideas/challenges, and help one another set and achieve goals. You don’t need to be a published writer to attend! Find us in Study Room B at the Timmins Public Library from 6:00 to 8:00 pm every Wednesday. Call 705-262-3268 or email email@example.com for more information. Please follow us on Facebook and tell your friends!
- May 17th, Support efforts to Let CF Stand For CURE FOUND. The cost for this event is $45.00. No experience required just let yourself relax with friends and family while creating a great picture to take home. Cystic Fibrosis is a genetic disease that currently has no cure. Help us find one! Maximum seating is 50 so first payed will be reserved. E-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 18th, Timmins Board Game Group hosts a Games Night every Thursday at Coffee Warehouse. We provide a selection of games, and can teach you how to play them. You are welcome to come solo and join our group or come with friends. You can also bring your own favorite game and teach us.
- Check out what is going on at Timmins’ own Science Centre! – Science Timmins is located at 225-225 Fifth Ave & visit their website at sciencetimmins.com
- Warm weather is coming! Time to get outside and enjoy all that there is to do! Take advantage of our great trails! Visit Tourism Timmins for your trail maps!
- Not an outdoors person? Enjoy some of our indoor attractions like the Archie Dillon Sportsplex Pool, the Midtown Bowling, Neo Lasertag, Timmins Science Centre, Timmins Museum/National Exhibition Centre and Timmins Cinema 6. Learn more about them in the travel guide which is downloadable in both official languages attourismtimmins.com.
- Take a little drive out to Dream Acres Alpaca Farm! www.dreamacres.ca
Save the Date!
- May 24th, Timmins Public Library: Appy Hour. Come learn about our Library Apps at 6:00pm at the library. This session is for advanced users. No registration required.
- May 26th, Sass in the City is back in Timmins! Join us for a Girls’ Night out at the Senator Hotel (Ballroom). Do you need a night out with your girlfriends? Do you have the perfect LBD hanging inyour closet with nowhere to show it off? The BIA has got the solution – Sass in the City: Downtown’s Girls’ Night Out! This fundraiser for Downtown Timmins Events will be held May 26th at the Senator Hotel. Join us for a night of dancing with a DJ, great food and more…
- May 26th, TH&VS in partnership with Kiskinohamatowin & O’Gorman High School hosts the 4th annual Powwow at
- Everyone is welcome.
- May 26th, the 5th Annual Evening of Wine Tasting and Hors D’oeuvres takes place at St. Matthew’s Cathedral. This is a fun evening of wine sampling paired with Hors d’oeuvres. Local wine expert, Marcel Gauthier, will teach us about the wines as we sample each one. Doors open at 6:30pm, tickets $25 per person. Tickets available by calling the church office at 705.264.0914.
- May 27th, Lobsterfest 2017 takes place at the Dante Club for an evening with Rotary and the Timmins Symphony Orchestra. Choose from 3 lobster or 1 lobster plus 1 BBQ steak. Rolls, dessert, tea and coffee also provided as well as a cash bar. Dance to follow the dinner.
- May 27th, join Northern College for a Gold & Groovy 60’s Dance Party! The event will feature fun games, food, dance tutorials, prizes and a photo booth. There will be a cash bar, a live band – Reggie & The Hub Caps, and DJ – Audio Expressions! Doors open at 6pm. Shuttle service provided. Tickets are $15 each and can be purchased online via the Northern College website and Facebook event page or at various locations in Timmins. For more information call 705.235.7210 or email email@example.com
|FOR MORE COMMUNITY EVENTS VISIT|