Stars And Thunder - June 24- July 1st, 2017
Stars and Thunder Timmins International Fireworks Competition & Music Festival
The City of Timmins is excited to present what promises to be one of the biggest festivals across the country in celebration of Ontario and Canada’s 150th birthday!
The 8-day Stars and Thunder – Timmins International Fireworks Competition and Music Festival will see a spectacular lineup of Canadian and international music stars including Keith Urban, Johnny Reid, Hedley, Simple Plan, Tom Cochrane with Red Rider, April Wine, Cold Creek County, The Washboard Union, David Wilcox, Michel Pagliaro, Lights, Sass Jordan, Alyssa Reid, Alan Frew, Meghan Patrick, Sons of Maxwell, Le Groupe Swing, Scarlett Jane, Cindy Doire, Celeste Levis, The Box, JJ Shiplett, Joel Plaskett, and Blackie Jackett Jr.
These performances will be followed by international fireworks displays by teams representing France, Italy, Finland, Ukraine, China, Brazil, United Kingdom, in addition to the host team from Canada. Stars and Thunder kicks off on June 24, leading up to the performance of international country music icon Keith Urban on July 1. The open-air, all-ages event will take place in the Hollinger Park at the heart of Timmins, hosting up to 23,000 spectators.
Timmins Celebrates Canada Day 150
Schedule of Events for
ALL ACTIVITIES AT THE GILLIES LAKE SITE ARE FREE
• 11:00 a.m. Canada Day Walk with “Mr. Canada” Karl Habla.
Depart City Hall to Schumacher Flag Park.
• 11:00 a.m. Event Open at Gillies Lake
• 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m Marketplace and Exhibitors
• 12:00 p.m. Opening Ceremonies – MC Mike Doody
• Parade in of the dignitaries – Royal Canadian Legion Br.
88 & Legion Br. 287 Colour Party, Timmins Police Pipes and Drums
• Opening Remarks – MC Mike Doody
• Message from local Dignitaries – Mayor Black, First Nation Chiefs, MPP Gilles Bisson, MP Charlie Angus
• Singing of Oh Canada – Joanne Marie
• Presentation – Young Eagle Drummers, Young Eagle Dancers – Aboriginal Drum, Dance & Smudge
• Official cake cutting and distribution of red and white cupcakes
• Children’s FREE Activities (12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.)
• Aboriginal Interactive Village
• Helicopter Rides (there is a fee to ride) located at Ross Avenue & 655 East Parking Lot on the Helipad
• Sesqui Canada 150 Meridian Virtual Reality Experience
• Hydro One Discovery Centre
• Complimentary rounds of “Putt-Around-Town” (a portable 9-hole mini putt course)
• Marketplace & Exhibitors
Live Entertainment At The Gillies Lake
12-1 Aboriginal Drumming & Signatories
1:15-2 Jacelyn Holmes
2:15-3 Sound and Soul Studio
3:15-4 Kickback TracII
10:30 p.m. Fireworks Extravaganza
Launched from the Goldcorp Berm by the Hollinger Park / Fred Salvador Field
Presented by Team Canada and produced by David Whysall Fireworks
Free Shuttle Service Provided!
First Student Charters is sponsoring a free shuttle service Saturday July 1st with continuous service to and from Hollinger Park. See www.starsandthunder.com for pick up and drop off locations.
800.387.8466 | starsandthunder.com
For information regarding the Timmins International Fireworks Festival please click here
Tourism Timmins located at:
Timmins Convention Bureau and Visitor Welcome Centre
76 McIntyre Road
Schumacher, ON P0N 1G0
705- 360-2674 fax
Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
June, July & August also open Thursday & Friday until 8 p.m. as well as Saturday and Sundays 9 a.m to 4 p.m.
Corporation of the City of Timmins
220 Algonquin Boulevard East
Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
Tel: (705) 360-2600 Ext. 3785
Cell: (705) 274-2805
Alternatively, you can use the web form to contact us: