February Activities in Timmins
- Timmins Rock – Home Game— February 2, 2017 7:30 PM McIntyre Community Centre The Rock vs. Kirkland Lake Gold Miners. Can’t make this home game. Others in February include: February 7 – The Rock vs. Cochrane Crunch / February 18 – The Rock vs. Elliot Lake Wildcats / February 22 – The Rock vs. Iroquois Falls Eskis
- Saturday, February 4th Mike Trudell @ The Working Class180 Second Avenue, Timmins. $15 ADV / $20 Door. 9:00 PM / Licensed
- Kids Celebrate Exhibition Opening ! Celebrations that bring families together throughout the season in Canada’s many cultural communities. To celebrate the opening of the exhibition, we’re hosting a big birthday party! We’ll have games, crafts, and of course birthday cake! Families are invited to stop by the Timmins Museum from 1pm to 3pm for this exciting event! For more information, please call the Museum at 705-360-2617.
- February 7th—Weekly Snowshoe event hosted by Christine Dorion and open to everyone. Come out for a fun evening of exploring the snowshoe trails in the dark. Please bring a headlamp or flashlight to join. No extra cost. Membership or daypass is required. Rentals are available. See website for details. Rentals Adult $7, senior/teen $6, child $5 Daypass are Adult $4, senior/teen $2, child $1 If you have questions message/call/text Christine Dorion 705-262-9610 f you need to rent snowshoes, please fill out your rental form in advance. Forms available here: http://www.porcupineskirunners.com/rentals
- February 9th—In his popular annual lecture, author, historian and journalist Gwynne Dyer will deliver a talk entitled “The Trump Era: Barking Up the Wrong Tree?” As always, his talk will include a question-and-answer session. Tickets are $10.00 and available at the museum; this event sells out fast, so do not delay!
- Back by popular demand, the Alzheimer Society of Timmins-Porcupine District Inc. will be holding its second-ever Winter Ride for Memories on February 11th, 2017! Snowmobile enthusiasts are invited to join in on a ride to promote Alzheimer’s awareness and to raise funds to support the Alzheimer Society. Registration will take place at the South Porcupine Legion at 9 a.m. The ride will leave at 10 a.m. with brunch taking place at the Ramada upon arrival. The event consists of a snowmobile ride and a brunch with a supervised outdoor fire at the Ramada Timmins. Participants have three participation options: Ride and Brunch: Minimum pledge or donation of $50 Ride only: Minimum pledge or donation of $35, Brunch only: Minimum pledge or donation of $15. For more details regarding the event, contact Karlie at 705-268-4554 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you there! Ride safe!
- 41st Annual South Porcupine Winter Carnival – Date: 2/17/2017 TO 2/19/2017 Time: 5:00 PM TO 12:00 AM The theme this year is Canada’s 150th Birthday! For more information visit the facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/events/568813083309752/?active_tab=discussion
- Midwinter Night – with Geoff McCausland, Josh Wood, and the 5th Avenue Strings Date: 2/18/2017 Time: 7:30 PM 331 Fifth Avenue
Timmins, Phone: (705)626-6022 A Midwinter Concert featuring Haydn’s 2nd French Horn Concerto, and Mendelssohn’s D minor Violin Concerto.
- 10th Annual Mushkegowuk Cup – Date: 2/23/2017 TO 2/26/2017 Phone: (705) 494-6805 Timmins welcomes the teams, families and organizers of the 10th annual Mushkegowuk Cup. This three day event will take place in many arenas in the community. For up to date information, follow the event at https://www.facebook.com/mushkegowukcup
- The Mattagami First Nation Winter Pike Derby takes place on Mattagami Lake. Anglers brave the February winter elements of northern Ontario in search of the largest pike. The reward: $10,000! All ticket holders are eligible to win the 2017 Can-Am Commander XT 800 Camo! All participants are treated to a lasagna dinner and a dance from 8:00 pm to 2:00 am! (Age of majority and licensed under the LCBO) Prize Payout: Prizes awarded to the largest pike based on weight. Listed prize boards are based on a field of 200 entries. First: $10,000 Second: $5,000 Third: $3,000 Fourth: $2000 Dates & Location February 25, 2017 Fishing Time: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Location: Mattagami Lake Registration Entry: $120 / ticket (2 holes per person) Only 500 tickets available Early Bird Draw: $1000 Pre-registrations are accepted at Dumoulin’s Fishing and Tackle Registrations will be accepted until the morning of the event at the MFN Community Complex. For more information contact: Crystel Vallée 705-363-7024 Jessica Naveau 705-221-4248 Email: email@example.com
- Timmins Symphony Orchestra Concert: A NIGHT AT THE MOVIES—Saturday, February 25, 2017 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM St. Anthony’s Cathedral, 73 Spruce Street North, This concert will feature music new and old from our movie going experiences. Theme music from Jurassic Park, Star Wars as well as some vintage movies will make it a great concert for young and old to enjoy. Tickets are available at the Timmins Museum
- On behalf of the Timmins Ducks Unlimited Canada Volunteer Committee, please join us for an evening of camaraderie and fun fundraising! Saturday, February 25, 2017, help us celebrate 79 years of Wetland Conservation in Canada; we are hosting this year’s event at the Days Inn & Conference Centre, beginning 5:30pm. The Timmins VIP Passport Package!…only $200 gets you and a friend in to the Dinner – AND – enters you into a number of EXCLUSIVE VIP Draws, including THREE VIP Passport Gun Draws!!! Tickets are a very reasonable $50 per person. Tickets can be purchased online here, or, by contacting one of our Volunteers listed above. Please note: Only “Tables-of-8” guarantee reserved seating. Only a limited number of tickets are being made available, February 25, 2017, 5:30pm at the Days Inn!
- What better way to celebrate HOCKEY DAY in CANADA then a good old fashioned 12 hour 3 ON 3 pond style hockey tournament. This tournamet will take place FEBUARY 18 2017 the day our nation celebrates our game. $25 per player guarantee’s 3; 30 minute games and a championship round ( Semi-final + Final) to determine who will be Timmins 1st ever pond hockey champion. We are looking for 16 teams (minimum) of 3 and the more teams the merrier. All proceeds going to SK8 Hollinger and a cash prize for the champion. There will be food and beverages served at the event in the main canteen of SK8 Hollinger as well as a heated area to get changed and spot lights to brighten up our game into the night! All teams must register by Friday Febuary 17, 2017, payments and final registration will be accepeted at Sk8 Hollinger before 10am Saturday Morning! Category for the event is open which means no age group or gender restriction, all players are welcome! If enough teams 13 and under register, we will modify the format to allow for a youth division!
1.All games are 30 minutes in length, run time.
2. Ice rink surface size divided in 3, until championship game.
4. Team registration must have a minimum of 3 players on the roster, with a maximum of 5 in total. Games are 3-on-3 format with no goalies.
5. Nets are reduced in size; standard opening of the net is 3 feet wide by 6 inches high.
6. There are no overtime periods in round robin play.
7. Playoff ties will result in two on two for 3 minutes. Team with most goals will win. There is no sudden death. If tie remains after the 3 minutes overtime period, game will proceed with no time limit, and first team to score will be declared the winner.
8. Round robin games will begin Saturday Feb. 18, at 11am.
9. Round robin tie breaking procedures to determine the higher positioned team in the standings will be GOALS FORE VS. AGAINST.
10. No officials in the round robin format. Our tournament is based on fairplay and respect of others.
TO RESERVE A SPOT FOR YOUR TEAM TEXT JOSH @705-363-6759
- Family day events at SK8TE Hollinger – Homemade zamboni contest
(Bring you home made zamboni, judging based on ice quality and how far you can make ice), figure 8 races, 8 laps different age groups
- Sunday February 19th—
- South Porcupine Winter Carnival 2017—for more information visit https://www.facebook.com/southporcupinewintercarnival/
- Visit the Timmins Museum NEC for “Kids Celebrate”. Everyone loves a special occasion — be it India’s Diwali, the New Year in China, the Jewish celebration Hanukkah, Toonik Tyme in Iqaluit or Canada Day — what better way to appreciate the diversity of celebrations in Canada than through Kids Celebrate!, a new travelling exhibition from the Canadian Museum of History. Kids Celebrate! invites children ages 5 to 12 to learn about the many celebrations that are practiced in their own communities. Although unique to a particular country, culture or religion, celebrations bring families and communities together. From large groups of people gathering for a day of festivities to a special moment in a child’s everyday life, it is through these joyous and important occasions that children and families discover and appreciate the traditions of diverse cultures. The exhibition is divided into four zones, each evoking a different season, family and community setting. Children can learn more about the many celebrations that Canadians enjoy throughout the year – from food, music, decorations and games, to the values of giving, sharing and hope for the future. Children and their families will feel a sense of connection to other Canadian families and communities as they identify differences and similarities among traditions, and will come to understand the global nature of celebrating. Young visitors will engage in hands-on activities, discover new games, make crafts, and take on new roles that will stimulate their curiosity and motivate them to explore the many aspects of celebrations in Canada.
Monday February 20th—
- Porcupine Ski Runners Family Day Event – Date: 2/20/2017 Time: 9:00 AM TO 6:00 PM Highway 101 East Schumacher, Ontario Phone: 705-360-1444 PORCUPINE SKI RUNNERS FAMILY DAY Monday, February 20th 2017 9:00 am to 6:00 pm ALL DAY FEES AND EQUIPMENT RENTALS HALF PRICE !!! (4 hour time limit on rentals and must be returned by 6:00 pm)
- Free Family Day Swim—Monday, February 20, 2017 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM—Archie Dillon Sportsplex Timmins, ON
- Free Family Skate— Monday, February 20, 2017 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM, McIntyre Arena , 85 McIntyre Road
Visit these local locations for great activities:
- Mid-town Bowl—Address: 70 Algonquin Blvd W, Timmins, (705) 267-3500
- Neo Laser Tag—440 Algonquin Blvd East, Unit 5 (705) 531-4824 http://www.neolasertag.com
- Kamiskotia Snow Resort— https://www.kamiskotia.com
- Timmins Cinema 6— offering regular times and matinees
- Timmins Science Centre – 225-225 Fifth Ave— open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. February 18, 19 & 20th!
FOR A LISTING OF FAMILY DAY ACTIVITES VISIT
For more great events and to submit your events visit www.timminseventscalendar.ca