Top Ten Things To Do July 11th to 16th
- July 11th, the C.M. Shields Centennial Library invites all ages to come enjoy some great stories while on a picnic! Please register by calling 705-360-2623 ext. 8590 or visit the Library at 99 Bloor Avenue in South Porcupine. Light refreshments will be served.
- July 11th, Timmins Board Game Group hosts a Games Night every Tuesday at Christopher’s Coffeehouse. We provide a selection of games, and can teach you how to play them. You are welcome to come solo and join our group or come with friends. You can also bring your own favorite game and teach us.
- July 12th, the Beauce Carnival makes a return to Timmins! Beauce Carnaval’s mission is to provide people of all ages an enjoyable and festive atmosphere where music, rides, skill-testing games, and tantalizing aromas bring magical moments to life. The Beauce Carnival will be held in the Timmins Square parking lot and will take place from Wednesday July 12 – Sunday July 16.
- July 12, Come out to see some of Timmins’ very own live local talent! This event will be hosted at the McIntyre Park located on McIntyre Road. James Toyota will be coordinating a volunteer admission of cash or non-perishable food item in support of both the Timmins and South Porcupine Food Banks. This week’s lineup includes Estelle & John, and Kickback TracII “Accoustic”!
- July 12, Please join Riverside Dental for their 3rd Annual Patient Appreciation BBQ Event from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.! Compliments of Riverside Dental and great fun for all!
- July 12, Drop by BMT Insurance’s BBQ fundraiser on July 12 from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. This event will take place outside of their Maple Street office!
- July 12 – 14, Come downtown to enjoy the Downtown Timmins Urban Park! This year we have added a new program for Wednesdays at 10am. The day is geared towards children. Thursday will continue to be the Urban Park Market. This successful market, which is recognized as the largest food market in North Eastern Ontario, has grown in popularity. Starting from the bell ringing at 11am, this event attracts hundreds of people every Thursday, to the city core. Fridays downtown patio lunch, have become a traditional way to start off a northern Ontario weekend. With our popular Tunes at Noon continuing, the patio is filled with people with their takeout lunches, enjoying the music and ambiance of the area. This week the Urban Park will be located at the Brick and Gale’s Draperies! See you in #yourdowntowntimmins!
- July 13, In addition to the weekly concerts held at the McIntyre Park, there will be four additional concerts held in Bannerman Park in Porcupine! This Thursday come out from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. to enjoy some of our city’s very own live talent! The lineup for this session includes Abi Belisle & Carole Champagne!
- July 13, Spruce Needles Golf Club hosts the 25th Annual Member Golf Tournament! Presented in partnership with J&B Cycle and Marine this event costs $125 (+HST) per golfer and includes a dinner. The registration begins at 12:00 p.m. Shotgun starts at 1:00 p.m. There are many prizes to be won, and each golfer will receive a giveaway! Don’t miss out, register for this 18 hole, four-person scramble now! For more information or to sign up contact the Timmins Chamber of Commerce via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705-360-1900.
|FOR MORE COMMUNITY EVENTS VISIT|
- July 15, Join us for our fourth-annual motorcycle Ride for Memories! The Ride for Memories is an event with the purpose of bringing awareness and understanding to the needs of caregivers in the Cochrane and Temiskaming Districts. The funds raised by this event are used to ensure that services offered by the Alzheimer Society of Timmins-Porcuine District Inc.are available to clients and caregivers in our area. This event is designed to reach people who have a passion to ride motorcylces and who have a desire to support our programs and services though fund development events such as this. Ride registration begins at 9:00 a.m. with the ride departing at 10 a.m.During this event, riders visit long-term care homes in Timmins, Matheson, Iroquois Falls and Cochrane with a stop for lunch and ending with a dinner and entertainment. For more information or to pick up a pledge form call 705-268-4554 or email@example.com.
Save the Date!
- July 16th, The Porcupine Art Club hosts Open Studio afternoons, every Sunday between Noon and 4:00 pm from June 25th through to October 01st, 2017. Drop in to meet with local artists, see demonstrations, and learn about the club, which is celebrating its 70th Anniversary this year. Artwork will also be on display and for sale in the studio. This FREE event will run rain or shine!
- July 20th, Come out to St. Mary’s Gardens to enjoy a paint social and entertainment. This event is $15 per person, includes supplies, snacks, a glass of wine and entertainment and runs from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. RSVP to Dawna by July 13 at 705-267-5000 ext.8006.
- July 22nd, the Cruisin’ For Kidney Ride takes place! This event is riding to raise funds for kidney patients in Ontario! Event is $50 per person and you can contact Marlene Smith for more information or to sign up! Her number is 705-235-3233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org