Top Ten Things To Do In Timmins Feb 20 to 26 2017
FOR A LISTING OF FAMILY DAY ACTIVITES VISIT
- Cheer on the Timmins Rock! Wednesday, February 22, 2017 7:30 PM at the McIntyre Community Centre as they battle the Iroquois Falls Eskis
- Timmins Public Library Presents: Local History Discovery Night on Thursday February 23rd, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. Come out and learn more about our collections, including over 100 years of newspapers on microfilm, memoirs by notable citizens, Highway Book Shop titles, and more! This event is FREE and open to all ages! Please sign up in advance by phoning 705-360-2623 ext. 8519.
- 10th Annual Mushkegowuk Cup – Date: 2/23/2017 TO 2/26/2017 Phone: (705) 494-6805 Timmins welcomes the teams, families and organizers of the 10th annual Mushkegowuk Cup. This three day event will take place in many arenas in the community. For up to date information, follow the event at https://www.facebook.com/mushkegowukcup
- Class Act Theatre is hosting a children’s acting course beginning February 16th! Limited spaces available…REGISTER your child TODAY! Ideal for children 7-13 years old, these classes run over an 8-week period and students learn how to act vocally and physically. These classes improve confidence and presentation skills, and family and friends are invited to the final class on April 20th, where the students will perform a play! WHEN: Thursdays from 6:30 – 7:45pm Feb 16-April 20th (March 16 & April 6th there is no class) WHERE: Timmins Public Library (320 2nd Ave.) COST: $200 per student CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org MORE INFO: www.classacttheatre.ca
- The Mattagami First Nation Winter Pike Derby takes place on Mattagami Lake. Anglers brave the February winter elements of northern Ontario in search of the largest pike. The reward: $10,000! All ticket holders are eligible to win the 2017 Can-Am Commander XT 800 Camo! All participants are treated to a lasagna dinner and a dance from 8:00 pm to 2:00 am! (Age of majority and licensed under the LCBO) Prize Payout: Prizes awarded to the largest pike based on weight. Listed prize boards are based on a field of 200 entries. First: $10,000 Second: $5,000 Third: $3,000 Fourth: $2000 Dates & Location February 25, 2017 Fishing Time: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Location: Mattagami Lake Registration Entry: $120 / ticket (2 holes per person) Only 500 tickets available Early Bird Draw: $1000 Pre-registrations are accepted at Dumoulin’s Fishing and Tackle Registrations will be accepted until the morning of the event at the MFN Community Complex. For more information contact: Crystel Vallée 705-363-7024 Jessica Naveau 705-221-4248 Email: email@example.com
- Timmins Symphony Orchestra Concert: A NIGHT AT THE MOVIES—Saturday, February 25, 2017 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM St. Anthony’s Cathedral, 73 Spruce Street North, This concert will feature music new and old from our movie going experiences. Theme music from Jurassic Park, Star Wars as well as some vintage movies will make it a great concert for young and old to enjoy. Tickets are available at the Timmins Museum
- The art of stained glass dates back to the Gothic Period and the Renaissance. From the 1100s to 1500s it was one of the foremost techniques of painting practiced in Europe. Those techniques remain largely the same today. From the 1850s it became fashionable to insert and dedicate stained glass windows as memorials. The original nave windows were glazed only with tinted pebbled glass. These were replaced by the specially commissioned memorial windows in the 1970’s. St. Matthew’s Anglican Cathedral invites you to discover one of the city’s hidden cultural treasures! Stop by to learn more about the heritage of the church and it’s unique collection of stained-glass windows. This is an event where we endeavour to celebrate art and culture in our community through collaborative engagement. Further details will be posted to Facebook.
- On Saturday February 25 Anti-Hunger Coalition Timmins presents special guest Linda Pasi in a workshop featuring the preparation of classic Italian flavours inspired by “Memories of Nonna”. Tickets are $65 available at Altered Reality (260 Third Ave). For more information, please call ACT at 705-288-9701
- On behalf of the Timmins Ducks Unlimited Canada Volunteer Committee, please join us for an evening of camaraderie and fun fundraising! Saturday, February 25, 2017, help us celebrate 79 years of Wetland Conservation in Canada; we are hosting this year’s event at the Days Inn & Conference Centre, beginning 5:30pm. The Timmins VIP Passport Package!…only $200 gets you and a friend in to the Dinner – AND – enters you into a number of EXCLUSIVE VIP Draws, including THREE VIP Passport Gun Draws!!! Tickets are a very reasonable $50 per person. Tickets can be purchased online here, or, by contacting one of our Volunteers listed above. Please note: Only “Tables-of-8” guarantee reserved seating. Only a limited number of tickets are being made available, February 25, 2017, 5:30pm at the Days Inn!
- On Sunday February 26 get outside during the MRCA Winter Hiking Day! This free fun family event takes place on Sunday, February 26, 2017. The event will start at 12:00 PM with a winter survival presentation from Timmins Porcupine Search and Rescue. Then at 12:30 PM a “winter ecology” guided hike will take you on a journey through the Conservation Area. Participants will learn about how plants and animals have adapted to survive the harsh, cold Northern Ontario winter. The day will feature children’s activities and hot refreshments served up by Wintergreen volunteers until 2:00 PM. In an effort to reduce waste from disposable cups, residents are asked to bring their own travel mugs.
- And let’s sneak one more event in…
Mid-Winter Blues Vendor Show – Date: 2/26/2017 Time: 10:00 PM TO 4: 27 Maple St. South Timmins, ON P4N 1Y5Origami Owl Norwex Tupperware Mommy Jewellery Alleykatz Bottoms by Cindy B Jamberry Younique Thirty-One Gifts doTERRA Essential Oils & Products Entry Fee: Please bring a donation for H.O.P.E – Comfort Kits Community Outreach. Either a monetary donation or items from the list posted in the dicussion section. Door Prize: Yes!! All vendors are providing an item for the door prize. Hours: Please visit us between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m Parking: Please park on the street; the back lot is a tenant parking space. Thank you 🙂 Directions: Social Venue (Formerly J.C’s Pub)
For more great events and to submit your events visit www.timminseventscalendar.ca