TOP TEN THINGS TO DO IN TIMMINS November 20th to November 26th 2017
- Register for Scottish Highland Dance Class! The students of the Northern Ontario School of Scottish Dance study the traditional dances of Scotland using the B.A.T.D. method. The Dalriada Scottish Dancers perform at local and northern events well as compete at various competitions and highland games. We develop our dancers at an individual pace. Performing and competing is not compulsory, though our dancers are encouraged to complete medal testing on a yearly basis. Dances and attire is age appropriate. Emphasis is placed on preserving the Scottish traditional dances through fun, learning and team work. Contact us for more information – (705) 268-4295 or email firstname.lastname@example.org The next session starts January 3rd!
- The Silverleaf Writers Guild is a group of writers at various levels of experience who meet weekly to support one another, share ideas/challenges, and help one another set and achieve goals. You don’t need to be a published writer to attend! Find us at the Timmins Public Library (usually in Study Room B) from 6:00 to 8:00 pm every Wednesday. If you are a Northern Ontario resident but don’t live in Timmins, you can also join us via Skype. Contact us at 705-262-3268 Please follow us on Facebook and tell your friends!
- Timmins Board Game Group hosts a Games Night every Tuesday at Christopher’s Coffeehouse. We provide a selection of games, and can teach you how to play them. You are welcome to come solo and join our group or come with friends. You can also bring your own favorite game and teach us.
- November 20th 1:00 pm The Timmins Film Society presents: Porcupine Lake. Join The Timmins Film Society on November 20th 2017 at Imagine Cinemas to watch Porcupine Lake. Only $10!
- November 24th 6:30 pm – Take Two Theatre – It’s a Wonderful Life; A Live Radio Play. Take Two Theatre is thrilled to bring “It’s a Wonderful Life – a Radio Play” to Timmins… This heart-warming family classic will be performed as a 1940s live radio broadcast in front of a live audience. Six actors perform the characters of 1940s radio stars, who in turn portray the dozens of characters from Frank Capra’s beloved film. Featuring live sound effects performed by a Foley artist, period radio commercials performed live. This production is a rare opportunity to see how a 1940s radio broadcast was created. Be a part of the live audience, and join the cast and crew as they take you on a journey through the most important evening in one man’s life. It’s the perfect holiday outing for the entire family. Evening Performances Friday, November 24, 2017 Saturday, November 25, 2017 (Doors 6:30 pm – Curtain 7:00 pm) Matinee Performances Saturday, November 25, 2017 Sunday, November 26, 2017 (Doors 12:30 pm – Curtain 1:00 pm). General Admission Tickets will be $25. Child (under 12) tickets for matinee performances only are $10. Tickets are available at Timmins Square, Black Spruce Gallery (42 Pine St South), and Porcupine Hardware.
- Holiday Craft Show – Saturday, November 25, 2017 10:00 am – 4:00 pm – 455 Cedar St N – Timmins at the Chateau Georgian – corner of Ross and Cedar – Monique Meunier to reserve your table 705-274-4051
- November 25th 4:00 pm ART+HEART – 35 Pine Street South in Timmins -This is a monthly social gathering for artists and art enthusiasts. We meet at Christopher’s Coffee House between 1:00 and 4:00 pm on the last Saturday of every month and discuss local arts, culture and related issues. Conversation ranges from talking about our favourite books and movies, to what local arts and culture events we’ve attended, to discussing the government’s role in promoting arts and culture. We just go with the flow of conversation! Come join us, enjoy a Christopher’s treat, and meet some new people who share your talents and/or interests. All forms of arts and celebrated at ART+HEART!
- Timmins Concert Singers – Home for the Holidays November 25th 7:30 pm – 150 George Street, – featuring Patricia O’Callaghan – The Timmins Concert Singers invite you to their Home for the Holiday concert, featuring Patricia O’Callaghan, on Saturday, November 25th, 2017, at 7:30 pm, in the Sylvia Gravel Theatre of O’Gorman High School. Tickets are $25 each and available at Alfie’s Cigar Store, Timmins Square Customer Service and from choir members. You won’t want to miss this evening of music with this stunning Canadian chanteuse with the chilling soprano voice, who grew up in Iroquois Falls.
- November 25th 11 am to 2 pm, attend the Gingerbread Tea and Bazaar Hosted by Porcupine United Church, 122 Queen Street, Timmins. For only 8$ you can enjoy a delectable lunch consisting of various soups, sandwiches, desserts, coffee and tea. Then, you can browse the bake, preserves and craft tables for that special something!
- November 25th Pet Photos with Santa Hosted by Timmins and District Humane Society and Timmins Family YMCA. Get ready! It’s that time of year again! Pet Photos with Santa! Santa loves his furry friends, so bring them in for a portrait with Santa or a family photo of all of you! Pet photos with Santa will be taken at the YMCA location (376 Poplar), for two weekends only! Dates and Time: From noon until 4 pm on Sat Nov 25th and Sun Nov 26th plus Sat Dec 2nd and Sun Dec 3rd. For a suggested donation of $10, you will receive a CD with the photos taken. They make great Christmas cards, keepsakes and Facebook profile photos! Show off your furry family and support the animals in the care of the Timmins and District Humane Society.
DON’T FORGET TO GET THOSE STARS AND THUNDER TICKETS FOR 2018 – www.starsandthunder.com
Want to know more? Visit www.timminseventscalendar.ca