TOP TEN THINGS TO DO IN TIMMINS November 27th to December 3rd 2017
- The Silverleaf Writers Guild is a group of writers at various levels of experience who meet weekly to support one another, share ideas/challenges, and help one another set and achieve goals. You don’t need to be a published writer to attend! Find us at the Timmins Public Library (usually in Study Room B) from 6:00 to 8:00 pm every Wednesday. If you are a Northern Ontario resident but don’t live in Timmins, you can also join us via Skype. Contact us at 705-262-3268 Please follow us on Facebook and tell your friends!
- Timmins Board Game Group hosts a Games Night every Tuesday at Christopher’s Coffeehouse. We provide a selection of games, and can teach you how to play them. You are welcome to come solo and join our group or come with friends. You can also bring your own favorite game and teach us.
- Christmas Card Colouring for Adults – Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST. C.M. Shields Centennial Library invites adults to colour a beautiful Christmas card to send to a loved one this season. This card coloring station will be available from December 1st to the 14th. Registration is not required.
- Looking for something to do? The Timmins Native Friendship Centre and Misiway Milopemahtesewin Community Health Centre are offering a weekly Sewing Circle every Thursday at the Timmins Native Friendship Centre. Bring your creativity and any projects that you are working on; we’ll supply the sewing machines and friendly company. For Further Information Contact: Kristin @ Misiway 705-264-2200 Ext 143 or Heather @ TNFC 705-268-6262 Ext 341
- The Timmins Public Library invites you to “Make a card for Santa” from December 1st to the 14th. A designated area will be available at both branches for you to colour a jolly Christmas card for Santa. Don’t forget to write him a special message! Venez à la Bibliothèque municipale de Timmins pour fabriquer une carte pour le Père Noël. Nous aurons un endroit spécial aux deux succursales pour colorier une carte festive pour le Père Noël. N’oubliez pas de lui écrire un message!
- It’s back! James Toyota’s “Ton in a Tundra” is in its 11th year! For the past decade, we’ve helped fill Christmas baskets for hungry families right here at home. Please bring your non-perishable food or cash donation to Dailey’s Independent Grocers, Levis Foodland, Food Basics, or Giant Tiger in Timmins or South Porcupine between 11am and 7pm on Friday, December 1st. Staff from KiSS 99.3 and 92.1 ROCK will be on hand to accept your donations and offer our heartfelt thanks! Without you, the Christmas basket program simply wouldn’t happen.
- St Matthew’s Poinsettia Tea and Bake Sale – Matthew’s Anglican Cathedral will be hosting their annual Poinsettia Tea and Bake Sale on Saturday December 2nd, from 11.00am to 2.30pm. Along with the traditional offerings lunch and home-baked goods; members of the public are warmly invited to participate in the inaugural Christmas Tree Decorating Contest and Silent Auction! With the help of business sponsors there will be three decorated trees on display inside the church. Visitors are invited to vote on their favourite. If anyone wishes to take a tree home; they may submit their bid in a silent auction. Proceeds raised will be donated to the new Living Space Warming Centre. St. Matthew’s acknowledges the generous sponsorship of Giant Tiger (Porcupine), Perfect Settings by Estelle Demers and Michaels. The Poinsettia Tea and Bake Sale is an annual fundraising event which signals the beginning of preparations for Christmas. Lunch tickets may be purchased for $8 (per person) on the day and will be eligible for a door prize! The delicious sandwich platters will be followed by a dessert buffet and accompanied with tea or coffee served in our best Poinsettia china. St. Matthew’s looks forward to welcoming you to a festive afternoon of fun and fellowship!
- Free Fun for the whole Family at 3 Great Locations! *The events are free but we ask for a Donation for the Food Bank that will collected at all 3 Locations!
- Timmins Public Library location: 320 2nd Ave. Santa and Mrs. Claus / Gift for every child, Storytelling & Songs, Ornament Making, Meet the Northern Ontario Expo’s Superheroes.
- Timmins Museum location: 325 2nd Ave. – Hollinger House Tours, Bonfire & Marshmallows.
- TEDC location: 130 Spruce St. S., Hot Chocolate / Cookies, Live music, Christmas temporary tattoos, Queen Elsa, Horse sleigh rides
- LitWits Youth Book Club at the Library – Saturday, December 02, 2017 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EST – Do you have a child who loves to read and is between the ages 9 -13? Then we have just the program for you! The LitWits is a literary youth book club for children ages 9 to 13. This five week program is filled with fun-filled activities based on literacy. This bilingual program starts on Saturday, October 28, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. and runs until December 2, 2017. Please call to register at 705-360-2623 ext. 8519.
- Salsa Night – Saturday, December 02, 2017 6:30 PM – 1:00 AM EST – College Boreal – Dinner by Chef Justin Bonney, served at 7pm. Live music starting at 8pm with a Salsa demonstration by Zumba Timmins at 9pm. Dancing continues all night with a Tequila and Carona Bar. Tickets are $70
Don’t forget to order your Stars and Thunder ticket at www.starsandthunder.com!
Want to know more? Visit www.timminseventscalendar.ca