Top Ten July23-29 2017
1. July 23rd, the Ramada Timmins is celebrating Christmas in July! Come out to their vendor market to beat the rush and shop early for Christmas! The market will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Ramada, 1800 Riverside Drive in Timmins.
2. July 25th, Timmins Board Game Group hosts a Games Night every Tuesday at Christopher’s Coffeehouse from 6:00 – 10:00 p.m. We provide a selection of games, and can teach you how to play them. You are welcome to come solo and join our group or come with friends. You can also bring your own favorite game and teach us.
3. July 26th – July 29th, Come check out the Downtown Timmins Urban Park! This year we have added a new program for Wednesdays at 10am. The day is geared towards children. Each week there will be a new component. Thursday will continue to be the Urban Park Market. This successful market, which is recognized as the largest food market in North Eastern Ontario, has grown in popularity. Starting from the bell ringing at 11am, this event attracts hundreds of people every Thursday, to the city core. Fridays downtown patio lunch, have become a traditional way to start off a northern Ontario weekend. With our popular Tunes at Noon continuing, the patio is filled with people with their takeout lunches, enjoying the music and ambiance of the area. See you in #yourdowntowntimmins!
4. July 26th, Come out to see some of Timmins’ very own live local talent! This event will be hosted at the McIntyre Park located on McIntyre Road. James Toyota will be coordinating a volunteer admission of cash or non-perishable food item in support of both the Timmins and South Porcupine Food Banks. This week’s lineup includes Treneta Bowden and Jeff Baldock and Company! Don’t forget to bring a voluntary non-perishable food donation for the food bank!
5. July 26th, Join Sudbury’s very own internationally renowned and “Canada’s Rising Star” Psychic Medium Jay Lane for a 2 hour intimate Workshop & Group session! Limited space available. Topics include: The Before life explained, the Here life explained, the Afterlife explained, and how to recognize spirit signs. Tickets available online only! Doors open at 6:30 p.m. at the Senator Hotel & Conference Centre on Mountjoy.
6. July 27th, Come out to Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa to support their “Sip n’ Paint” from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.! Proceeds will be donated to Timmins & Area Women in Crisis. Tickets are now on sale but they sell like hot cakes! Drop by to purchase yours ($45) at Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa’s main reception area. A cash bar will be available during the event as well as appetizers from the dinner menu. It’s a great night spent with friends, painting and sipping on your favourite drink! For more information, please feel free to email Marie-France Lafleur at email@example.com.
7. July 27th, In addition to the Summer Concert Series at the McIntyre Park there will be four special concerts hosted at Bannerman Park in Porcupine! This week this special concert will feature Treneta Bowden, Frate Train, and Sound and Soul Studio! Don’t forget to bring a voluntary non-perishable food donation for the food bank!
8. July 27th & July 28th, the Victory Tavern in Timmins will be hosting two shows with DESTROYER Canada! Showtime will be at 10:00 p.m. on both nights.
9. July 28th – 30th, Rock on the River is an annual festival by the Timmins Festivals and Events Committee. This is a two day event that is comprised of local music, major musical headliner, family activities, buskers, local vendors and a beer tent. All of TFEC’s fundraisers amount to this festival! 2017 marks Ontario’s and Canada’s 150th birthday! Stay tuned for more information to celebrate our many cultures and the diversity in our community! Follow TFEC on social media bus searching Timmins Festivals or the website at timminsfestivals.com See you there!
10. July 29th, the Porcupine Dante Club hosts its Inaugural Meatball Classic Golf Tournament. This four person scramble will take place at Spruce Needles Golf Club on Dalton Road and tee Tim, Shotgun is at 12:30 p.m. Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. The day is $75 per person and includes green fees for 18 holes, dinner, prizes, & tons of fun! Join us for a day of fun and golf! This four person scramble is open to everyone. Practice your putting and be ready for our meatball putting competition!
Save the Date!
• August 2nd, come out to see some of Timmins’ very own live local talent! This event will be hosted at the McIntyre Park located on McIntyre Road. James Toyota will be coordinating a volunteer admission of cash or non-perishable food item in support of both the Timmins and South Porcupine Food Banks. This week’s lineup includes Joanne Marie, Estelle Deschamps & the Roadryders and the Shaftmen. Don’t forget to bring a voluntary non-perishable food donation for the food bank!
FOR MORE COMMUNITY EVENTS VISIT
• August 6th, Karen and Kelly Sarlo are a mother-daughter team that use their gifts to heal and to bridge communication between humans and the spirit world. They work with focus, efficiency and the utmost integrity to deliver the Universe’s messages to you. They honour the spirit world by being a vessel of unbinding truth. Join us for an interactive two-hour event Evening with Mediums at the Hampton Inn by Hilton in Timmins on Thursday, June 8th 7:00pm – 9:00pm. Tickets $50.00 a person. Karen and Kelly will use their intuitive gifts connecting with spirit (pets included) to address questions you feel have gone unanswered. While they cannot guarantee that each person in attendance will personally receive information from a loved one who has passed, in this setting we all have the opportunity to hear messages coming from the spirit world, and learn from one another, which can be a very healing process for everyone. Let Karen and Kelly bring you to another space and time. Let them show you how your loved ones are still very much part of your everyday life. We guarantee you will be touched by the messages you hear, the connections you make, and the peace you find. This event is presented with love and integrity from our souls and your deceased loved ones’ to yours. This is an adult event. Children under 16 will not be admitted. Reserve a one-hour personal session with Karen or Kelly Sarlo. Friday June 9th Personal One Hour Session with Karen or Kelly Sarlo Tickets $150.00 a person Saturday June 10th Personal One Hour Session with Karen or Kelly Sarlo Tickets $150.00 a person Online tickets available here https://bysarlo.com/events/evening-mediums-event-timmins/
• August 7th, Join Montreal band Ghostly Hounds for an evening of music at the Victory Tavern at 10pm! Ghostly Hounds combines strings, horns and powerful vocals to create a dark, jazzy sound. The project features the songs of vocalist and banjo player Francesca Daoust accompanied by Matthew Dorfman on double bass and Suzanne Stirling on trumpet and mandolin. The group is occasionally joined by a string section comprised of Vimul Him on cello and Zafer Zephyr on viola. Currently based out of Montréal and often on the road, the band’s members hail from British Columbia, Ontario, Québec, Boston and Syria.